May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Weather

Ashley was making Elijah laugh and laugh. It was precious to hear.
We went for a walk today to get eggs from our neighbor down the road. I think Elijah looks so cute in the sweatshirt I found for him at a consignment sale.

Jonathan did a great job pushing the stroller, with a few reminders to slow down and stay on the road! I was then in charge of Pepper on the leash and making sure the eggs did not break!
1. Incredible weather! It got very cold last night but was just gorgeous today. Today was a good day to live in TN.
2. Wonderful walk to get eggs with my sweet boys. We made it there and back in one piece even with a high strung dog, two dozen eggs, several stops to adjust socks in boots, a run in with a cat, and a little off roading in the stroller. Anywhere with Jonathan is an adventure!
3. I heard Jonathan say these words "It will be okay," to Elijah!!! He was putting in a different CD and Elijah was starting to fuss a bit and so he spoke reassuringly to him. Thank You Lord!! And when we were walking, he was conscious to not tip him out of the stroller when going down hill and to protect him in the sun. It was sooo good to hear him considering Elijah.
4. Ashley changed two diapers. One was even poopy. Enough said.
5. Seeing a positive change after a discipline incident. Oh how I pray daily for wisdom in parenting. It is hard! And I so want to reach their hearts.
Now to thank you notes. Sort of anxious to see how the time change will affect Elijah. I remember it messing up Jonathan's schedule when he was little. I shudder at the idea of anything altering Elijah's sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment