Today I am thankful for....
1. A good breakfast. Sunday should be a day to have a good family breakfast. It seldom seems to work that way for us. Today it did. This did mean that both boys were awake at 6:45 this morning. Yes, on a Sunday. Someday I will sleep in again!! But we had bacon and eggs and raisin bread. nothing fancy but it was a good hot breakfast. Jonathan cooks the eggs for us. I crack them. He used to like to do this but then decided he didnt want to anymore because I made him wash his hands after he cracks them! So my five year old cooked the eggs while I put my make-up on!
2. I put our down comforter back on the bed. I love it!! It is so warm and makes our bed such a happy place! :)
3. Our sweet friend Lori was glad to see Elijah at church today. Since we don't have grandparents here for the boys, I am thankful for a loving pair of arms that sincerely are glad to see our boys. She is an invaluable friend and support to me.
4. We went for a walk as a family around our pond. The weather was perfect. Jonathan is such a delight. he is truly happiest outside. perhaps because the opportunities to get dirty are so much greater! We walked and talked and explored and laughed. Elijah fell asleep and had a great nap even after we got back. That should have topped the list!
5. Melanie Stahl. Her friendship and her walk with Christ and her willingness to share truths she has learned has truly changed my life.
SSMT 2017: Verse 24!
13 hours ago