May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!




Happy Birthday Mom. I hope you had a most special day. You especially feel way too far away today. I wish we could have gone on a walk or brought you your cookies in person and sat at the kitchen table and ate them and listened to Jonathan's stories and Elijah's sweet noises.
Even though you are hundreds of miles away, you still touch our lives on a daily basis.
Today I am thankful for the ways my Mom touches my life even from miles away....
1. The green cups. My parents have had these green glasses for years and they are my favorite for drinking water at their house. I know it doesnt make sense, but the water tastes better in those cups. At one point in moving to TN, my thoughtful, unselfish mom gave me those cups to take along. I was so touched. I use them on a daily basis and think of you Mom. They make the water taste better here too!! I confess I try to sort of hide them in the cupboard so nothing happens to them by other users!
2. The plants my Mom has given me. We have several plants in the house that my Mom has given to me on various occassions such as new year of college, new baby, move to TN. I am thankful they are still living! And thankful for the visual reminder of you Mom and of your appreciation for plants and flowers and for teaching me to enjoy them also.
3. Meal preparation. When I plan a meal, I aim to cover all food groups. This is the way I grew up eating. We would have fruits and veggies at meals always. It taught us to like them, well except for Nikki :), and had to help us all stay quite healthy. Now I try to cook this way and when I hear Ashley appreciating meals, I thank you for the example Mom and when I see Jonathan learning to eat a range of foods, I thank you Mom.
4. Elijah's blanket. Since the day it arrived, he has been wrapped in that blanket or the one you made for Jonathan for every nap and every night. I am determined one will become his "blankie!" Not sure how much say I actually have in this, but I am going to give it my best effort. I am so thankful for such lovely, soft blankets made with love to wrap him in. They both have such neat texture. Elijah is currently chewing on them a lot! I am so thankful my boys have a Grammy who loves them dearly and prays for them and calls to hear about them and talk to them , or at least the one who can talk!!
5. My quiet time. All my life I have seen you spend time reading the Bible. Your life is a testimony to the faith you have in Jesus Christ. So when I attempt to discipline myself to spend time in the Word and to live a Godly life, I am thankful, so very thankful, for the example you have given to me Mom. Thank you for living your faith. You are an incredible, strong women.
Thank You Lord for my Mom. I pray for wisdom and strength for her in the year ahead.
I love you Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment