May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I would do anything. . .

With my sweet boy at the Nashville Zoo.
So happy to be on a special picinic with Daddy. This explains the white bread.
Why this is a treat for Ashley I am at a loss to understand, but they rode the 4-wheeler
to a little country store and got sandwiches and chocolate milk for a special lunch.
Daddy knows how to spoil!!

Those are several older random pictures but my camera has not been working lately. Need to get it fixed! The other day I was watching Jonathan and was just overwhelmed with love for him. I can't remember what he was even doing. Perhaps he was sleeping. It is extremely easy to love an innocently, peacefully sleeping boy!! Actually I think he was running and laughing. The thought passed through my mind that I would do anything for him. Not such a novel thought at all and something that I think is said often concerning people that people love. It is easy to say and it is certainly meant. A parent would do anything for a child. However, the more I thought about it, the more I wondered how much I truly live this. Yes, I know I would jump in a lake to save him or jump in front of a car or take a bullet or many other big things, but do I do the day to day things that make such a difference?
Do I get up extra early to do my quiet time because I know it makes such a difference in my day?
Do I stay consistent on discipline even when it inconveniences me?
Do I handle my frustrations toward Ashley is a respectful manner?
Do I treat people patiently and kindly like I hope and expect Jonathan to do?
Do I talk to Jonathan in a calm tone even when I am frustrated like I ask him to do?
Do I handle interruptions and changes of plans with flexibility and graciousness?
Do I fight temptations and fears and disappointments with scripture and trusting the Lord?
Do I show an attitude of joy and thanksgiving even when it is hard or not what I want?
I can say yes some days and some moments. Others I fail miserably! Some
moments are such a struggle against myself. But I can keep working at it and
try again each new day and believe that I can do all things with the strength of
Christ. Because I sincerely want to do anything for that precious boy and for our next
miracle and for our marriage and for my growth in Christ.
Some moments I think jumping in a lake may be easier!!



No comments:

Post a Comment