May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Words to treasure

Jonathan is not an overly gentle boy. He is not always overly gentle or sweet with his words.
However, there are times when he says things I will treasure.

During this whole spider bite episode, he was patiently walking slowly with me and he looked at me and said, "Mommy, maybe if you were not so sweet, the spider would not have biten you." I could have kissed him! And I probably did and ruined the moment!

A couple monthss ago, we were cooking and listening to music and I did a silly little dance. I am quite certain Jonathan is the only person in the world who has watched me voluntarily dance and heard me voluntarily sing. Bless his heart!!! I must have been in a rather silly mood because I did my little dance and then said "Jonathan that was pretty cool." He calmly looks at me and says, "no it wasn't very cool." I teased him and said "come on, Mommy is cool!" He then says, "no Mommy you are not cool. You are lovely." My precious, rowdy, all-boy five year old son said I was lovely. I have no need to be cool, silly dances or not. He called me lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment