May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Monday, May 10, 2010

Humor

My husband is a very funny man. Very funny. He has a great quick wit.

He will say the unexpected and all too often the inappropriate!!
I am learning that my reacting to this inappropriateness just seems to feed it!!

I love when he makes my Mom and Grandma laugh.

It is fun to watch new people react to him as they are not quite sure at first if he is serious and then they enjoy his sense of humor.

The craziest things happen to him and he does the wildest things, so his life and daily experiences offer him great "material" for being funny. Such as the other day when I hear him start out his sentence with, "When I got struck by lightening . . . "

Jonathan has his wit which can be hilarious! So far, he is appropriate although
I have been hearing more lately, "but Mommy it was funny!"

There have been nights of trying to fall asleep yet Ashley keeps making me laugh. Sometimes we need more of those nights!

I think he is really funny because he will say these hilarious comments at just the right times yet not have to laugh himself. They are not corny things but intelligent insightful comments with just the right twist.

And then there are those moments when the story he is telling is so funny he can't keep from laughing and he totally cracks himself up! He can barely get the story out. I love those moments!

And I love the moments when something on a movie or TV show make him laugh outloud. He is not easily impressed with a show so when he laughs outloud, it is good! Too often, the humor is a bit off-color but when I am in another room and can hear him laugh, it always makes me smile. If I am in the same room, I love to watch him being amused.

Thank you, Ashley, for making me laugh, even when I try not to do so. Thank you Lord for giving Ashley his sense of humor. I believe You take great delight in him!

No comments:

Post a Comment