May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Trip to Kansas



Last week we got to go back to Kansas. We had several things to take care of and I am always looking for an excuse! Last minute Ashley made it work to go with us which was soooo nice!



It was so nice to be home. I am certainly blessed in that home is a safe place and we get spoiled and loved. the one bad thing is that it made it all the more real that we live away now because we had to leave again and it was such a nice visit so now I miss my family all the more.


We did get to spend time with my Grandma which was so nice as those times are numbered. She had another stroke so the reaction of recognition which always feels so good was not really there this time though she did respond to Ashley. He always could make Grandma laugh which I love. When I hugged and kissed her goodbye she just sort of leaned her head on me and I could not let go for a while because I did not know if I will see her alive on this earth and I remembered times when she read to me and when she held us after we woke up from a nap and how she has always loved me and told us how God loved us.
It was a relaxing visit which was so nice. Jonathan got to play with cousins and to him there is not much better and Grammy and Papa always have ice cream for him! Sat. we made cinnamon rolls with Mom. No one makes better cinnamon rolls than my mom!! The ones she sent back with us disappeared way to quickly. My dad had a calf that needed to be bottle fed so we got to help with that. It was fun to see the boys get so excited about the calf and they loved exploring around the pasture in their boots and seeing all the cows and geese out on the pond. We ran some errands and played a new game and enjoyed the fire my dad built for us in their stove downstairs. The time went way too quickly and I am already so looking forward to the next visit. There just is no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment