May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Are there snacks?

I wanted to be clever. I should have tried for insightful or admirable. But I ended up going with what really just describes me and us painfully well. I love to eat. Snacks make me happy. I would be inclined to say that food is my love language. My sister has told me that often when I tell her about some event or activity or something we have gone to, one of the first things I tell her about is the food. Ashley also enjoys eating and Jonathan fits in completely. Too well really.

It is really quite embarrassing to admit how my mood can be lifted by a little treat. It doesn't even have to be a bad for you treat. Just some little something. Perhaps I could claim I have low blood sugar and there is a reason for the change in mood. In fact, maybe I should look into that!!
When I was working outside the home, any meeting or conference was made so much the better when there were refreshments served. I look forward to Jonathan's snack time and join right in with him.
Admitting a bit much about my sorry self. Just wanted to offer some explanation for the title of the blog. And I guess to let you know that if I seem a bit grumpy, just find me a snack! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment