May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Passed the test


So many new things:
new house, car (new to us), address, phone numbers, view from window, path of daily walk with Jonathan, post office, news broadcasters, insurance, park, etc.
So many new things to find yet:
doctor, grocery store, church, radio station, place to cut hair, etc.

Makes me rather tired to think of it all.

However, one of the most important to me was the library. I was actually nervous to go to it in fear that it may not live up to my standards or expectations. Though Moundridge is small, it really has some exceptional ammenities. (not sure if that is the right word. I mean places of service or buisiness.)
Going to the library was a highlight for Jonathan and I. We went almost weekly. When Jonathan was the right age, it was to attend story hour which for the last year and a half was taught by my sister so the time was extra special as it meant time with cousins!! I love to read and love that Jonathan so far has caught this passion. We loved to go check out new books and loved that you could check out movies from the library too. So the library in Alamo had a lot to live up to and it was my first venture into the community. It passed the test and was a great experience. Made all the better by the fact that I actually had with me the right identification to get a card that day and that the lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. They have a fine children's book area and have movies to check out and books on tape which are life savers for long drives.
So, nerdy as it may be, the approval of the library was a big relief for me and a highlight of the move so far. I probably need to get out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment