May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Monday, April 9, 2012

Corbin

You turned 9 yesterday.

I got to talk to you on the phone for a bit. Oh, you sounded so old and so polite.

I still remember so well the first time I laid eyes on you. You took my breath away.

You were the first time I experienced total love at first sight. I felt an instant need to always protect you.

I could only go a few days without having to come over to your house and hold and kiss you again. I was even so bold as to ask your mommy if I could wake you if you were sleeping! If she would have asked that of my sleeping babies I would have told her she dare not! But your sweet mommy has always been a more laid back mommy than me.

I remember teaching you to say "Star" in the Walmart parking lot. I remember teaching you to say "Tia Jo" since you could say "T." and that name has stuck with me for all your cousins now and I love it!

Because of you, I first had the priveledge of watching my mom and dad become grandparents. How proud they are of you, Corbin, and always have been. You hold a very special place in their hearts.

I remember one night when Ashley and I got to take care of you. He got you to giggling and it was the best sound in the world.

I have watched you be a great big brother. My heart has been touched with how you love my boys. Thanks for wrestling with Jonathan. He looks forward to it, but I know he can be pretty relentless. He wants to become as strong as you! Eli still talks about you and balls! He understands about you quite well even in the short time he has got to spend with you.

Corbin, I am proud of how hard you work in school. I admire that you practice all you can at different sports. I respect that you go with your mommy to church and are learning God's word.

Being the oldest cousin has to be tough. You have to wait a lot as we deal with the more immediate needs of the younger ones. Sorry when we expect to much of you just because you are the oldest.

It makes me cry to know that there is a lot of hurt in your world right now. How I wish I could change it for you. I pray every day for you Corbin. My main prayer is that you will choose Jesus. Choose Him, Corbin, in all situations. Even when it is hard. Even when other people are not. Even when it seems easier not to follow His ways.

I miss you. I miss your laugh and your many questions. I miss your tender heart that notices when someone is hurting. I miss how you try to get away from my hugs! I miss seeing you on Grammy's lap. I miss seeing you glued to a sports game or trying to get a sip of Papa's tea or begging someone to come pitch the ball or play horse.

God did a wonderful thing in creating you, Corbin. Never doubt that! He has incredible plans for your life.

I love you Corbin Wayne Unruh. I always have and I always will.

Love,
Tia Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment