May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Recently

It has become hot. Unbearably hot. The kind of hot I must plan my day around. Outside work and play time has to come in the morning and then again late afternoon or early evening. So we make all attempts to walk and garden and play ball earlier in the day.

Summer has come with its smells of fresh dirt in the garden and lawn being mowed and sun screen and bug spray and sweat being washed off at the end of the day. Flowers are blooming. The crepe myrtle bushes and trees here are so pretty and the magnolia trees. Jonathan points out the magnolia trees when we drive by one. They have these beautiful huge white blossoms. We don't have any in our yard but we do have two peach trees I am thrilled about and Ashley said there are blackberry bushes. Yum!!

Our garden is thriving. However, the weeds are too. It is a battle. We planted very very late. A garden has become a marriage issue in the last few years so I must prove myself capable this year. Not the best year to try to do so!! But I am greatly looking forward to fresh tomatoes and cucumbers and corn and squash and basil and cilantro (which I LOVE but no one else does. I have to make a seperate batch of salsa with it for myself!! I could eat it with so many things but no one else is willing.) Ashley and Jonathan planted two egg plant plants which will be interesting. I have no idea what to do with an eggplant should we get any. We also planted sweet potatoes which I have never done but will be great to have, especially with a baby.

We still are no closer to choosing names. Girl name we may have and Ashley is convinced the baby is a girl so he is not real motivated to choose a boy name. He has certainly nixed every option I have given!! And there is still not much set up for the baby or food in the freezer for us after the baby comes. I really need to get at it this week and next. I need ideas on what all to stick in the freezer. I am contemplating bierocks but not sure how bold I am feeling.

I am feeling a need to spend extra time with Jonathan and spoil him even. Not sure how even more time is possible since we are together most all the time already. But everything in his world is about to change and ours too. I am quite nervous about all the changes and preparing him for it all. I am tempted to take a day and ignore everything else and just let Jonathan dictate the day. No "okay but I need to get this done first." I have a feeling much of the day would be spent outside. I really think I might do something like that. I am bound to get some ice cream out of it!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julia, how are you? I LOVE reading your blog, you are so funny and I find myself laughing outloud a lot of the time. When are you due, I can't remember. I noticed you mentioned making bierocks, if you don't want to take the time to make them I have a very yummy bierock casserole recipie if you want it. Or if you want to cheat I think you can use frozen rhodes rolls insead of making your own dough. I have used a bierock recipie for the dough but put other things inside of them like eggs, sausage and cheese for breakfast, or ham and chesse or whatever. They are so handy to have in the freezer!!! Tell Ashley and Jonathan hi for us, and feel free to call when you are on your way back home we would love to see you and catch up.

    ReplyDelete