May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thankful

Tonight I am thankful for many things:

I am thankful it is tonight and not last night because that means the scary procedure is over.

I am thankful the spider bite did not get worse and I was assured nothing affected the baby.

I am thankful for feeling the Baby move a lot today to reassure me even more.

I am thankful for very kind nurses, one of whom even held my hands when it hurt so badly.

I am thankful for a husband who kept Jonathan while I went to the hospital so he did
not have to see Mommy hurting and trying to be brave and I did not have to try to keep
him entertained and not touching germy things while trying to be brave!

I am thankful for a doctor who was kind and funny and thorough and acknowledged God as the ultimate healer.

I am thankful for a sweet sweet son who was so kind and patient today when Mommy could not get around much. We built Legos and played Uno and floated creations in the bathtub and read and watched a little movie and talked. He was so helpful!

I am thankful this happend before Baby if it had to happen.

I am thankful Jonathan is five and can help and can do things on his own and can understand when Mommy just can't do somethings.

I am thankful that he is happy with simple things and content to entertain himself and me with a dance he created and an outfit of a cape, a hat from Honduras, underware over his pants and no shirt. It was hilarious and priceless. If only my camera would have worked!

I am so thankful for leftovers which limited the need to move and stand as long.

I am thankful the leftovers did not cause Jonathan to throw up tonight. He did late last night after eating the same meal. A fact I remembered only after he and I were almost done eating.

I am thankful Ashley's stomach is not quesy as he will need to help me change the packing in the rather large hole in my leg.

I am thankful God created our bodies to heal.

I am thankful my sweet family called to check on me.

I am thankful for a husband who is patient with a messier than normal house.

I am thankful I have never had a spider bite before!

No comments:

Post a Comment