May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Decisions

It has been a long time since a post. and too late and not much energy to say much right now. Just trying to get back in to doing so. and hopefully with pictures too!

The last month has been crazy with Ashley going to Honduras and Jonathan and I getting to visit my sister and family in OK and then all our family in KS. More on all that later. it was a good trip! Then a friend came back with Ashley from Honduras for nearly three weeks. It really was a good experience for all of us. Plus a good excuse to do lots of extra things!

Now life continues and feels even more real that we are truly living here. Not sure when I will really grasp and accept it!!! For the time we have been here there has always been a trip home planned because of Honduras prep and then the trip. However, when we left this time, there was not a return time planned and I had my last appointment at our doctor there which felt like a huge change to me. I can actually say I am glad not to have been in KS this week though after hearing about the crazy winds! We have had great weather here so Jonathan and I have been spending lots of time outside mowing and planting and playing and walking and riding four wheelers. Ashley is super busy with work things to make up for things not getting done while in Honduras and taking time off while our friend Anel was here.

It feels like there are lots of decisions that need to be made now in our lives. Some quite major and some fairly little things:
how much to put in the garden, keeping in mind summer heat and pregnancy and newborn!
what all to plant
where to put a compost area
where to put my clothes line
where to put a sandbox for Jonathan
what kinds of herbs to plant
who to have as a pediatrician for Jonathan and Baby--I miss our family doctor
NAMES for Baby!
further plans for family
start allowance or some sort of thing for Jonathan
finding a place to get honey here
finding a place to get fresh milk here
SCHOOL for Jonathan---home, public and which one, or Christian school. this is a huge HUGE one for us right now!
whether to go on family retreat with church we have been going to
plans to meet my sisters and mom for a little get away!
whether to try Netflix,
work on a better budget
work on a will and guardian for children
approaches to some discipline issues with Jonathan

So Ashley and I need to sit down and talk about some major and some minor issues and some silly things and pray for wisdom about some of the really important and tough ones And try to hear each other and get along on some of the more emotional ones! Life can get complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment