May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jon

(I am telling myself it is the angle of the picture that makes my face look so fat. I know the truth. I see it is the mirror every day but my self-esteem can only take so much so I am saying it is the angle of the camera!)

A few weeks ago I started noticing that Jonathan was filling in his name on his school papers
as Jon. I asked him about it and that day he said everyone but Daddy was supposed to start calling him Jon. I was surprised at how much I did not like the idea. I have always said we would just see what he choose as far as going with Jon or Jonathan. But my heart really did not like the idea of him being Jon. I think it made him seem too old. The request to be Jon has not stuck at all. I did not say anything about not liking it. He just has not wanted it anymore. Writing his name as Jon has stuck however. I am quite certain it is just because it is shorter and quicker to write.
So for now he is still my Jonathan. I know he is growing up. But I am not certain I will ever like it much!

No comments:

Post a Comment