May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Family Getaway

Ashley had to attend a class for some of his new work stuff so we turned it into a mini-vacation. An actual vacation, not a Honduras adventure but a trip nearly all for pure fun. We went a night early and went out to eat and planned to swim in the hotel pool. Jonathan was thrilled with the idea. The indoor pool and room were freezing!!! I will do most anything for that sweet boy, but apparently I draw the line at voluntarily subjecting myself to frigid water. I just could not do it.

The next morning Ashley went to his class and Jonathan and I had a lazy morning. We slept in, or as much as that is possible with a four year old. We enjoyed a late breakfast at the hotel and then Jonathan splashed around in the water on the steps so not to get too cold while I made sure he was safe from the warmth of the side! Then I let Jonathan enjoy the cartoon channel and I endulged in a book for a while. Then we met Ashley at Jason's Deli for lunch which is a place Jonathan and I both love. Then in the afternoon we went to a really great children's museum in Murfreesboro which is near Nashville while Ashley finished his class. The museum was perfect. Not very expensive and Jonathan got to play and learn and create for several hours. He loved working on the cars and painting and the water table things they had and this huge slide and the kid size post office and grocery store and hardware store. It was a fun afternoon.







We then drove on that night to Chattanooga to go to the TN Aquarium the next day. Ashley insisted we walk over to a fireworks store near the hotel so we got some for Jonathan's birthday coming up. The aquarium was quite impressive.


It amazes me all the creativity God showed in life underwater. There were many fish and creatures and we loved the river otters. They are so much fun to watch. They just seem so happy. Jonathan had fun getting in a model of a shark cage. And then all too soon it was over and we headed back to real life and reality. It was a fun escape and Jonathan loved all the time with Daddy. Now I am looking for another excuse to take a trip!







No comments:

Post a Comment