May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Having a son

Having been blessed with a precious son nearly five years ago has meant many things:

A lot more peeing outside (by him, not me!)

Often multiple clothes changes per day. this is due to being muddy and dirty, not for fashion reasons!

Needing to be outside daily. It is just not pretty if he doesn't get to burn off some energy!

I now carry some sort of car or vehicle in my purse always.

Noises. oh the noises! I once read the definition of a boy is "noise with dirt." Fits Jonathan perfectly!

Meal time is much more entertaining. He frequently has a whole storyline going on with his plate or is digging a trench or something in his ice cream.

Wrestling is a multi-daily request. Sadly, he is already too strong for my pathetic attempts at wrestling. The other day we wrestled some and when I gave up or got him convinced to do something else, Jonathan said "ok, we can cross wrestling off the list for today!"

Daddy! Hands down, best part of my sweet boy's day is when Daddy comes home. It is something I treasure about both of them how they adore each other and honestly, it is something I am a bit jealous of! Mommy just is not as strong and doesn't drive as fast or as loud of a truck or enjoy the dirt as much as Daddy. They are too cute to listen to as they discuss equipment or a job or how to fix something. Even at only nearly five, Jonathan grasps much of it way better than I do! I have had to learn some of the lingo so I can learn along with him and be a part of some of his interests.

Trucks and equipment are much more on my radar. Big machines and construction areas catch my attention in ways they never did before Jonathan.

I can't believe I have been completely taken with this boy for five years. He is such a delight and challenge and blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment