May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Today







Today, Mom and Dad, you feel too far away. You do every day but today I so very much want you to see Elijah crawl. He is so cute doing so. He so likes getting places and is very curious. He babbles and babbles. He seems to prefer non-toy items to play with, things like lids and silverware. He is now eating cereal, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, butternut squash, carrots, peas, pears and apples. Polly lent me a great book about making all of these. I have loved doing it. He is doing great eating. Next up is avacado, zucchini, and another kind of squash. He sucked on a lemon out of my water the other day and really liked it. He adores Jonathan. Just lights up to see him. He loves bath time. He splashes and giggles. His whole body responds when he sees the dog and cats. He has started going to sunday school. he has gone three times now and it makes him seem so old! He has finally been sleeping better the last five or so days. I am soooo thankful. He has the sweetest smile.
And today I wish you could be here to celebrate Jonathan. I bought the ice cream last night so we are ready for Friday. He cant really be turning six!! He has been counting down the days. A friend from school is coming over after school to celebrate and Jonathan is so excited. His friend would have to stay for a week to do all Jonathan has planned to do!! He wants Corbin and Mac to meet him. I am going to take ice cream sandwiches to school on Friday. I offered to make cookies or something for him but ice cream was his choice which is no surprise! He is being such a great brother lately. He seems to be getting excited about playing t-ball. We have had fun playing catch. Even Ashley!! He has a try out thing this Sat just to create the teams. I hope he has a fun start to it. I wish you could see his games. We will have to take pictures!
So know you are missed today. And every day.
But sometime soon we will play catch in your yard and watch Eli crawl around the corner and peek around with his sweet smile and eat lots of your ice cream!



No comments:

Post a Comment